WAG Gymnastics Coach Vacancy
Te Wero Gymnastics is a new gymnastics facility based in Christchurch. We are focused on individual development and delivery of high quality gymnastics programmes - providing the combination of 'challenge' and 'fun' within an individual or group setting. The club was created with the view to provide extra activity to the earthquake hit Christchurch and to build an environment where career coaches can work and develop with quality coaching.
Te Wero Gymnastics programmes are led by international coaches who have represented New Zealand at both the Commonwealth Games and World Championships and include coaching education through apprenticeships.
The successful applicant needs to have:
- Previous gymnastics knowledge with quality basic techniques
- Ability to spot on all apparatus
- Experience teaching tumbling
- Able to work with groups of all ages
- Be available for several trial training sessions at different levels.
Suitable qualifications include:
- Qualifications to coach up to intermediate level step 4 / Gymsports NZ Junior / Jr advanced / Senior coaching qualification or International qualifications.
- Judging qualifications would be welcome
- First Aid certificate will be requested, but can be obtained later.
- Police check is required.
This role provides an opportunity for up to 30 hours per week coaching.
The commencement date of this position - dates by negotiation.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Please email your supporting letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org