"... Because Gymnastics is Good For Children."
Interesting facts about Children's Gymnastics: Facts & Fun Ideas
- Gymnastics became an Olympic sport in 1896.
- Artistic gymnastics is usually divided into Men's and Women's Gymnastics. Men compete on six events: Floor Exercise, Pommel Horse, Still Rings, Vault, Parallel Bars, and High Bar, while women compete on four: Vault, Uneven Bars, Balance Beam and Floor Exercise.
- Only women compete in rhythmic gymnastics which involves the performance of five separate routines with the use of five apparatus (ball, ribbon, hoop, clubs and rope) on a floor area.
- Trampolining and Tumbling consists of four events; individual and synchronised trampoline, double mini trampoline and tumbling.
- NASA scientists have discovered that jumping on a trampoline is up to 68% more effective exercise than jogging. It burns about 410 calories an hour.
- Acrobatic gymnastics is a group gymnastic discipline. Acrobats in groups of two, three and four perform routines with the heads, hands and feet of their partners
- Aerobic gymnastics involves the performance of routines by individuals or groups of up to 6 people, emphasising strength, flexibility, and aerobic fitness.
- The pommel horse was developed centuries ago as an artificial horse used by soldiers to practice mounting and dismounting. Even Alexander The Great is thought to have used one.
BENEFITS OF GYMNASTICS FOR PRE-SCHOOLERS/TODDLERS/CHILDREN